If you're anything like me, when you first get started online, the first question you ask yourself is, "How am I going to make that happen so I can generate an online income?". You can spend a lot of time trying to figure out what the best way is to get started and the steps required to implement that in your online business, so you can begin to see money coming into your bank account. If you're not careful you can spend too much time analyzing what to do without taking any action. The catch here is that without the right kind of action, you will never make any money online.
Introducing Affiliate Marketing
One of the quickest ways to start making healthy commissions online is to become an affiliate for products that people already want to buy. You do that by choosing a product in a lucrative niche and then you assess that product in terms of either the sales it is generating for affiliates or how many affiliates are currently making. Once you find a course of product you would like to promote, it's then simply a case of signing up as an affiliate so you get paid for any sales you refer.
The beauty of affiliate marketing to generate online commissions is that you don't have to do a lot of what the merchants have to do as product owners. For example, you won't have to write a sales page, test conversions, process the payments or even deal with the customer service side of the business.
Here are 5 steps to making your first online commissions as an affiliate.
1) You don't necessarily need a website but I recommend that you setup a simple one that gives away a free gift closely related to the products you wish to promote, such as an ebook. All you need to do then is put a web form on your site where an interested visitor can enter their email address to receive the gift. When the visitor enters their email it adds them to your mailing list using an autoresponder.
2) Using your autoresponder, you will then create a series of follow-up messages which offer informative and valuable content.
3) In these emails you will also recommend products that your subscriber will benefit from, that solve their needs. These products are not necessarily always ebooks, audio or video courses. They could also be services that offer solutions or subscription to a membership site.
4) When your subscribers purchase any of the products you recommend or mention in your email series, you will receive commission as an affiliate for referring that sale to the merchant.
5) To promote your website get involved with your niche by offering good, quality content and becoming an active member in that market. For example, forum marketing or guest blogging are two ways you can drive high quality traffic to your site and free offer.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dean_James
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7211931